Thursday, May 24, 2012

Preserving: Food in Jars cookbook!

Aren't they pretty?

I received the new Food In Jars cookbook yesterday and today made two of the recipes. A double batch of Rhubarb syrup (now I can drink Rhubarb soda in November!!) and a batch of Meyer Lemon Jelly. Come to Mama. I predict this jelly and I will be having a great time together when I am no longer following a vegan diet and can make crepes. Yum...

I love to buy a new canning/preserving book at this time of the year, and I'm so happy with this book! She obviously loves rhubarb and meyer lemons as much as I do. And she has got me thinking about a few other types of jams that I would normally not try. Cantaloupe? She described it as tasting like an adult Creamsicle. Um, yes. Many recipes make small batches so you don't have to have vast quantities of produce on hand to whip up some canned goods.

Can't wait to try more!

No comments:

Post a Comment